Who we are
The Namibia Institute of Architects (NIA) is a non-profit statutory institution which was established in 1952, under the previous title of The Institute of South West Africa Architects.
The NIA’s purpose is to serve the interest of architects in Namibia, to further and promote good architecture and ensure sound architectural practice among the Namibian Architectural Profession and the general public of Namibia.
Currently the NIA has a membership of around 132 Registered Professional Architects, 108 architects-in-training, who are mostly represented in the 81 architectural practices across the country.
What we do
- Provide relevant practice documentation, such as contracts etc.
- Distribute relevant and important information to our members
- Organise and endorse CPD courses
- Host, support and organise workshops, theory lectures and exhibitions.
- Organise the Namibia Architecture Awards of Merit
- Assist with publications and publications showcasing the work of Namibian architects.
- Administrator a bursary fund for students reading towards an degree in architecture at the Namibia University of Science and Technology
- Ensure the upkeep of the heritage of the profession and work towards promoting architecture
The NIA is also in close affiliation with the Namibian Council for Architects and Quantity Surveyors as well international architectural bodies, ensuring an international representation. The NIA is a member of the African Union of Architects, The Commonwealth Association of Architects and the Union of Architects.
Documents for Sale
Available at the NIA offices, from 08:00 to 13:00 weekdays.
|DOCUMENT NAME||NIA MEMBER PRICE||NON-NIA MEMBER PRICE|
|Cert. of Practical Completion||45.00||56.25|
|Cert. of Completion||45.00||56.25|
|Payment Cert. Book||160.00||198.75|
|Handover of site||80.00||100.00|
|Guidelines for Working Drawings||75.00||93.75|
|Direction of Amounts||45.00||56.25|
|Principal Agent's Instruction||65.00||80.00|